Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
This thumbprint cookie recipe is great for the raspberry lover in your family!
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 cup powdered sugar
4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add cream cheese, flour and lemon zest; stir with spoon or hands until well blended.
3. Shape dough into 38 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Press thumb into center of each cookie to make indentation, but do not press all the way to the cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remake indentation in each cookie with end of wooden spoon. Spoon rounded 1/4 teaspoon jam into each indentation. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir powdered sugar and lemon juice, adding lemon juice until desired drizzle consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Store in airtight container.