Homemade Cornbread In Your Slow- Cooker
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1. Melt unsalted butter in a 5-6 quart slow cooker on high heat
2. Stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chili powder in a medium mixing bowl. Then stir in buttermilk and eggs.
3. Spread melted butter around in slow cooker so it coats the bottom of the cooker. Pour in cornbread batter and spread evenly.
4. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours.
5. Let cornbread cool slightly and serve with a spoon.